Logistics is a high-tech field, which is facing a deep shortage of experienced personnel both in Georgia and around the world. Today, the profession of logistician is one of the most in demand world wide. The position of the Logistics Manager is one of key managers in company, who plans and manages the entire supply chain, starting with the purchase of raw materials, production to delivery of the product to the final customer.
The joint program of Caucasus University and TH Wildau gives the student a unique opportunity to obtain a higher level education in logistics management and technology and to establish an international logistics career.
Prerequisites for admission to the Master's Degree Program in Digital Logistics Management at the Caucasus School of Technology are:
TH Wildau is a leading technological center and leading university of applied sciences in Brandenburg.
The Digital Logistics Management Program is a joint master's program of the TH Wildau and Caucasus School of Technology that provides a joint degree. The program is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Upon successful completion of the program, the student is awarded a Master of Engineering Logistics degree from both universities.
The standard duration of the program is 2 years. Study modules are conducted over three semesters. The first two semesters are carried out in Tbilisi, the third semester - in Germany at the Technical University of Applied Sciences Wildau (TH Wildau). In the fourth semester, it is planned to work on the master's thesis.
Language of instruction: English
Degree awarded: Master of Engineering Logistics (120 credits)
TH Wildau Ratings:
- TH Wildau- in top-12 amongst German logistics universities of applied sciences
- Most service-friendly university ", INSM study 2007
- "Library of the Year" 2012
- Funding initiative “Innovative University” 2017
- 3rd place in the StudyCheck university ranking 2018
- Corporate Health Award 2019 - Special Prize for Healthy University
Rating of Germany in logistics:
- Germany- World’s Logistics Champion and Global Logistics Leader, Ranked # 1 in the World Bank’s Logistics Performance Index (LPI)
- # 1 Logistics market in EU with 265 billion Euro and 3 million employees
- Third largest economic sector in Germany followed by the automotive industry and trade.
Strengths of the program:
- A unique international program, created by German specialists, tailored to the requirements of the local and international market
- Joint Master's, International Diploma, which allows employment in high-paying positions in both local and international markets
- Multidisciplinary curriculum with theoretical and practical elements covering business, management and information technology subjects
- Program content that enables students to analyze and solve logistical problems with integrated and systematic approaches in companies
- Case studies and review of learning based on advanced international best practices provided by invited experienced German professors and top managers of leading international companies
- Advanced logistics lab and hands-on training using unique software (PTV Visum / Vissim / Vistro, SAP ERP, AnyLogic)
- Lecture courses in 3rd semester training in Germany; Possibility of Internship in the 4th Semester in German companies
- Work on a master thesis under the guidance of a German professor
- Funding travel and living expenses for successful students in Germany in the 3rd semester with DAAD scholarships. On average, up to 2-4 students will be funded annually
Highly qualified lecturers
80% of the lectures are led by advanced professors from TH Wildau who have many years of academic and practical experience in the logistics, supply chain management and information technology. 20% of lectures are led by highly qualified professors of Caucasus School of Technology and invited lecturers from international companies with international practical experience.
Graduates of the program can hold senior management positions in the following areas:
Retail and Wholesale
- Retail chains
- Importers and Exporters
- Distribution companies
Transport and logistics
- International and local transport companies and freight forwarders
- Shipping Lines
- Logistics companies and 3PL service providers
- Infrastructure providers (ports, airports, railway terminals)
- Georgian railway
- Heavy and light industry enterprises
- Raw material processing enterprises
- Information technology and software providers, especially in the field of enterprise resource management (ERP) inventory and transport management (WMS, TMS)
- E-Commerce Companies
Public sector and international organizations
- Policy-making public agencies and regulators in the areas of transport, logistics, manufacturing and trade
- International organizations and donors implementing projects in the field of transport infrastructure, process digitization and project management in transport and logistics