Caucasus School of Media (CSM) is pleased to announce a competition for the academic position of Professor.
Professor (2 vacancies)
- Intercultural Communication
A person may be selected for a 6-year term if they have a PhD or an equivalent academic degree in the relevant field, with at least 6 years of scientific-pedagogical experience and 3 years of experience in the relevant field of discipline.
- Fair and disciplined;
- Has the ability to convey and present;
- Has the ability to interact with the audience;
- Has the ability to individualize;
- Persuasion and listening skills;
- Analytical and logical thinking skills;
Additional requirements for the candidate:
Candidates interested in News are required to be fluent in English, and candidates interested in Intercultural Communication need a good level of English knowledge.
Documents for submission:
- CV in Georgian and English;
- Copy of ID;
- Copies of documentation of education (qualification and academic degree) in the same or related field.
- News - Journalism
- Intercultural communication – Broad field of Communication
- In the case of PhD students - a certificate of study for a doctoral program. Copies of undergraduate and master's degrees;
- Candidate and/or PhD topic information (topic title, field, direction);
- Certificate proving scientific-pedagogical activity (in accordance with the qualification requirements for the relevant position);
- Complete information on articles, books, monographs or other scientific work, including: title, place of publication, date, number of pages and name of publisher, as well as copies of the outer cover (for the purpose of competition, publications of the last 5 years are particularly important);
- Documentation of attendance of scientific conferences in the last 5 years (if any).
A qualified person may be elected to the position of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor by professional signs of quality. In this case, the person's qualifications may be evidenced by professional experience, special training and/or publications. A person with appropriate qualification is considered to be the one who has the necessary competence to produce the learning outcomes under the program.
The competition will be held in three stages:
Stage I - Sorting of submitted documents;
Stage II - Presentation/Interview;
Stage III - Summary of the competition.
Caucasus University reserves the right to verify the information you provide and only selected candidates who will pass the first stage successfully will be contacted at the second stage of the competition.
Announcement Date: December 25, 2019
Receiving applications: January 25, 2020 - February 2, 2020
Competition Period February 2020
Place of competition: Tbilisi, Paata Saakadze # 1
Publication date: February 19, 2020Interested parties, please send the required documents to the following e-mail address: email@example.com or in hard copy to Paata Saakadze # 1, Personnel Management Department.
For more information, contact the Caucasus University Personnel Management Department at firstname.lastname@example.org; T: 032 2377777.
Please indicate the title of the relevant academic position and direction in the subject area!